Friday, August 21, 2009

My Did You Know ? Reaction

As I watched the video I felt a little sad and that something in the US needs to change. The number are amazing and frightening at the same time. I feel as though the US cannot compete in the world when it comes to technology. The US is suppose to be the land of opportunity and the most powerful country in the world but the statistics in this video do not support that claim. India and China are surpassing the US in educating their youth. Another aspect of the video that struck me was the ever changing pace of technology. It looks as though no matter how much you learn in college you will be behind when it comes to technology. Technology is changing at every turn and if you don't keep up you will be unemployable.

I believe one of the reasons that China and India are so far ahead in regards to educating their children is that they are more motivated to get ahead. The youth in the US don't seem to have the same drive to achieve. The school systems in the US are not doing their jobs according to the statistics in the video. Most Americans think of India and China as countries that are poor and the quality of life is lower than in the US so this is a hard pill to swallow. I think that someone needs to go and see what they are doing in India and China and bring it here to the US. Another statistic that was interesting was that Bermuda had the most internet action than anywhere else in the world, I don't get that at all. Overall I felt a little sad for the future of children in the US, hopefully something will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment