Friday, August 21, 2009

My Reaction to Next Generation Learning Video

This video was interesting to me it gives a view at what an ideal school looks like. I liked the fact that it integrated technology throughout the curriculum. The students today need more technology in the schools to hold their attention. I believe that a school like that would also motivate many students to participate more and encourage learning. Technology is constantly changing and at a very fast pace so children need to be exposed to it early. I believe that the use of computers and other technology will enhance the learning experience.

In the video the students were offered laptops if they did not have a computer at home I think that is a wonderful idea. However I don't know how that will work in a large public school system like Mobile County. I do believe that we need to integrate technology much more than we have. I feel that children in the US need more technology in school than we have now, especially in the public schools. The Anson school featured in the video is a dream school in comparison to most school we have here in Mobile. Mobile County has maybe 2 student computers in each classroom, the students go to computer lab once a week if they are lucky. I believe that money is the main reason we are lacking technology and many older teachers are not trained to integrate technology into the curriculum. Hopefully there is a new wave of teachers coming that can make the much needed change.

1 comment: