Friday, September 25, 2009

My comments about Mr McClungs post.

Black and white stick drawing of a person with the words I Love My teacher
I really enjoyed reading What I've Learned This Year by Mr McClung on his blog spot. In his blog Mr McClung gives advice to teachers that he learned through the school year. I really admire that he admitted that at first he was wrong to put himself first and realized that teaching is about the students. Mr McClung said that he use to think he had to have perfect lessons in order to be effective. However he learned that it is important to be flexible and consider his students needs and that the lesson plan may not work. He gave a lot of good advice: be flexible, communicate to students and teachers, and to be responsible.


I feel that the best advice he gave was to listen to the students and show them that you care about them. I believe that you will never be an effective teacher unless the students know you care about them as a whole person. Mr McClung also said something that I truly believe is important never stop learning. In his blog he advised teachers not to be afraid of technology, most teachers are afraid of what they don't know. That's why we have to keep learning. I hope he gets a chance to read our blogs. His students are lucky to have him as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment