Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dr Christie's Google Earth Visual Tour Comments

picture of the earth from a satelite
I watched Dr Christie's Google Earth visual tour, it was interesting to see all the famous places that she included in her presentation. I was not able to identify many of them. I have some experience using Google Earth, I have used it to look at my house and my families homes. It is interesting to see all the details like my parents old car that they don't have anymore. These kinds of details give you an idea at how old the pictures are. In the virtual tour it did not really demonstrate how to use Google Earth, I was expecting the tour to have more information and a demonstration on how to use it.


I do see the point that Dr Christie is making in that it can be used as a tool in the classroom. Google Earth can be used to visit places in the classroom that students may never visit in person. I do like the way she presented it and spoke , this definitely can be useful and the students can create their own tour of places they are studying in class. It can also be used to show where they live or where they came from. If you have a student that is from another country they can use this in the class to show others where they are from. I believe there are countless ways Google Earth can be used in the classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment