Friday, October 9, 2009

Am I Ready to Write With Multimedia??

picture of a computer console with rays of light beaming from the screen
I think I am ready.I know how to type now when it comes to using all the technology available no I am not ready. It as a very difficult thing to do. On the two videos made by Richard Miller:This Is How We Dream he talked about how we do not have to step foot into a library anymore to research for papers, kids now go directly to the Internet. I remember looking into the Encyclopedia Britannica for information, that is unheard of now.When I was in high school way back in the 80's I took typing class (with a typewriter), this seems so ancient now. Children now are typing on computers using word processors, it is a very natural thing to do for the newer generations.

I am learning how to share my thoughts and ideas by blogging. I see that this is a way to share information globally. What is difficult sometimes is distinguishing what is fact and what is fiction. Often when I am searching for information I find myself sifting through so much garbage on the Internet to get what I need. I see so much blogging and I find it a little frustrating because it seems to be all opinion that is not really helpful when I need facts. After watching the video I understand the point that he makes about sharing ideas and thoughts by uniting humanities and the sciences.

Creating a documents on the web using text, images, audio and video has changed the way we communicate now. There was a time when you had to wait for the news to come on. Now all we have to do is log onto a computer, cell phone and we can access anything that is happening in the world. Sometimes we can watch something happening live and unedited. Technology is changing before our eyes and we have to try to keep up. Using audio and video makes it so appealing and makes us want to watch. Now you can get on the Internet and read almost any newspaper published and get more from the website than you would from the actual paper edition because they have videos , audio. Another thing appealing is the ability to respond instantly to something you read by emailing the newspaper editors with your comments. I am very overwhelmed at times and I get frustrated but I definitely see that the writing with multimedia a benefit.


No comments:

Post a Comment