Friday, October 30, 2009

PS 22 Landslide Video Post

Closeup of a sheet of music


First of all "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac is one of my favorite songs so I enjoyed the video a lot. You can tell in the PS 22 Video really enjoyed themselves and that they were well prepared. By doing these videos and posting them on blogs the children can watch themselves and critique themselves. Also they gain a lot of self esteem and pride making the video. I watched the other videos PS 22 choir had posted and they were all great. The singers were not nervous, they were very relaxed. The production process also teaches the children how to create and how to use technology.



photo of Mr C's Classroom


Mr Chamberlains class posted their Dear Kaia: Voicethread and Video on his blog. The voicethread was a great way to reach out and connect the classroom long distance. The students all participated in the video and gave it a personal touch. A post like that gives others ideas on how they too can reach out and enhance their classroom experience using technology. This too is a good tool for others to learn from by posting it to a blog.




picture of Dr Strange and students sitting at a table


Dr Stranges EDM posting of South Alabama student's podcasts is a great way for the class to work cooperatively. Often students do not like to work in groups , this gives students experience
researching a subject and creating a script to be taped. I know that I dreaded doing this project, but once we started talking and recording it wasn't that difficult. I have watched others class podcasts and I look forward to watching our podcasts. By watching the others podcasts you can learn what to do and what not to do.

Flatscreen computer with a yellow smiley face

I also liked what I saw on Mr Kaechele Technology class blog. His students are doing a lot of the same things we are doing in our EDM 310 class but they are 8th graders. They are way ahead of the game or should I say way ahead of me. They are using Google Reader, Google Documents, Skype and Flickr and podcasting. They are posting their videos on their classblog. The students are able to share what they are learning with others and learn at the same time. I think that these students are learning so much and are very fortunate to have this experience in school.

1 comment: